Treasure Data is changing the data management landscape. We provide an industry leading, cloud-based Big Data platform on which our many customers are processing an incredible amount of data every day. If you enjoy using both halves of your brain to scope and frame undefined problems using intuition, common sense, relevant data, and strong academic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, and thrive in a collaborative work environment, we have a match here!
In this position, you will design and implement key features and components of our technology, which is a robust and scalable data platform on Hadoop/Hive deployed in a Cloud stack. You can also expect to have direct contact with our customers, receiving their feedback and incorporating their input into our product.
On top of all this goodness, we're also contributing to open source software such as fluentd, Hive, Presto, Hadoop, and MessagePack, so you can expect to participate in that, too.
You get bonus points for having experience programming in Hadoop or with Ruby, performance analysis, and/or performance optimization.
* Solid experience designing and developing distributed middlewares to support heavy data analysis systems
* Designing and architecting improvements and new features in cooperation with the product team
* Java/Scala and Ruby programming as well as contribution back to the open source community whenever possible
* Development of software for operation automation and monitoring tools
* Performance improvements in a wide span of networks and middleware applications in public or private clouds
* Perform operations on middlewares hosted in the cloud
* A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
* A solid understanding of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.)
* Strong UNIX systems programming background which should include experience with multithreading, distributed computing, and related * challenges, especially around middlewares built in Java/Scala and/or Ruby
* Strong experience working with and tuning the JVM
* Knowledge of Hadoop, Presto, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other open-source distributed databases/engines
* Experience with Linux networking internals and kernel tuning
* Good understanding of infrastructure as code and operations
* Significant contributions to the open-source community, in the form of ownership or patching / pull requests
* Solid read/written English communication skills and basic verbal skills as well
We would be thrilled if you
* Had experience building and managing data analytic services
* Were knowledgeable around operations on services running in the cloud
* Had expertise with load balancing and building service redundancy leveraging the cloud
* Are familiar with security best practices
* Source code level familiarity with Hadoop, Presto, Spark, or other near real-time batch or MPP processing engines
* Are familiar with MessagePack, Fluentd, Embulk, and/or Digdag.
* Have a track record building products that support a large user base
* Have a passion for performance optimization
* Have a public Github account with interesting code contributions to show
Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs.
Treasure Data is backed by top investors like Sierra Ventures and Scale Venture Partners. In addition to our Silicon Valley headquarters, we have offices in Tokyo and Seoul.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
完全週休二日制、年次有給休暇（初年度は入社時期により最大10日間）、夏季休暇 (3日間)、年末年始休暇 (5日間)、特別休暇（慶弔等）