Join us for an introduction to structuring employee relationships in growth start-ups sponsored by The Co and Futurebooks.
Who should attend
This is a definite event for start-up founders, directors and investors, as well as employment agencies and anyone who would like to understand how to structure employee relationships in a Singapore company.
What the session will cover
The session will cover compliance, documentation and immigration aspects of structuring employee relationships, including:
- Terms of employment in the Singapore context
- Comparison of work passes, or work visas, in Singapore
- Employee relationship documents: employment contracts, employment handbooks, non-disclosure agreements, non-solicitation agreements
- Employee stock options (ESOPs): typical structures and taxability
- Personal tax for founders, directors and employees of a Singapore startup
- Choosing an advisor for structuring employee relationships
How the session is organised
The presentation will take approximately one hour, starting at 7pm. Questions can be answered before the session by commenting below or during the session.
Every registered attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance confirming their 1.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
About the speakers
George Mathew is Managing Partner at Futurebooks. A chartered accountant by training and a member of the Singapore Institute of Directors, he actively works with venture-funded tech start-ups. His focus is on bsiness structuring and he is a director on the board of various start-ups with an eye on compliance and corporate governance.
Mathew Chacko is a corporate lawyer with substantial experience in working with companies raising capital across the globe and handling term sheets for both investors and investees. He has a postgraduate degree from the University of Oxford, holds an honorary teaching position with the Singapore Institute of Legal Education and is a partner in Kochhar & Co.’s Singapore office.
About the venue
The Co is an award-winning ecosystem of co-working, office, meeting and event spaces located in the heart of the city.
See you at Third Space @ Level 3.