Lean Startup Skills Series: Interviewing Customers Like a Boss
One of the key concepts in Lean Startup is GOOBing or Getting Out of the Building. It's easy to understand - you can learn nothing by staying within the building doing your business plan so get out to learn from the customers.
We all know we are to do it, but the reality is that it's easy to screw up interviewing customers and hard to do right. This Lean Startup Skills Series organised by Intuit and The Testing Ground provides you with the key principles and insights to helping you interview customers so you get the truth out of them.
What you will learn:
- Preparation steps to making your interviews super effective
- What important questions to ask so the customers tell you the truth no matter what
- The Testing Ground's SPEAKUP model to guide you in your interview process
- Post-interview steps to gain the most from your interview
Join us if:
- You have attended a Lean Startup event and want to deepen your customer interviewing skills.
- You have read Lean Startup books but want to learn from the practical experience of the people at The Testing Ground about customer interviewing.
- You are a startup who is facing hurdles with carrying out your customer interviews.
After that experience, he was determined to find a less risky method of starting new businesses. He chanced upon the Lean Startup methodology and was converted to it. He then used it to test out an idea which turned out to have no customer traction in Singapore. Because of doing things the Lean Startup way, Bryan averted the costs he wasted if he had done things like his first startup.
He is now a fervent evangelist of Lean Startup. He has mentored at the Singapore Lean Startup Machine and the Singapore Startup Leadership Programme. He also recently ran Startup Dynamo for Start-up@Singapore. He has spoken about Lean Startup in Malaysia, Indonesia,Philippines and Vietnam. He is also working on his own startup. He has an Engineering degree, an MBA and a Law degree.