Whether it is to pick a color from a web page, manage your passwords or remove all political posts from Facebook, Chrome extensions make your browsing experience smoother and add useful features to your favorite browser
In this workshop, we'll cover all the basics of how to create your own extension using two simple examples: a font-picking extension and a reading list manager.
• Set up your Chrome Extension in Chrome dev tool
• First extension: Creating script to interact with your page
• Recap on how APIs work
• Second extension: Creating script to send data to an API
• Bonus: add your extension to Chrome store!
• This is a 100% online workshop!
• Install Zoom (https://zoom.us/download) ️
• This is a workshop for half-beginners, basic notions of HTML/CSS, JS, JSON, and the DOM will be useful
• Install Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome) and any text editor (Sublime Text, Atom, VSC)
• Create a GitHub account (http://github.com)
About Le Wagon Tokyo
Le Wagon Tokyo (https://www.lewagon.com/tokyo) is the #1 ranked coding school for startups, creative people and tech entrepreneurs.
Our Web Development and Data Science bootcamps are designed for individuals who want to change their career, become freelancer, or launch their own venture!
The next Tokyo Web Development batch will start on Sep 28th and applications are open: https://www.lewagon.com/tokyo.
You can also join part-time Web Development batch from Sep 26th! (https://www.lewagon.com/tokyo/web-development-course/part-time)
Our first 9-week Data Science bootcamp will start on October 12th and applications are open https://www.lewagon.com/apply/tokyo