In this competitive world of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), there is no reason to restrain our future generation to explore its unlimited and uncharted opportunities.
Computer programming is of paramount importance in order to be a leader in this arena. Without a driving force in this arena, youth would retain being an end user towards ICT and technology;
never a developer or maker of one.
Under this initiative, we are conducting a NUYUY™ workshop. Attendees of all ages are welcome to participate in our workshop. Attendees will explore Raspberry Pi & computer programming
using the Python Language. Further, attendees will also have three (3) exciting projects to work on individually.
Workshop details are listed below :-
NUYUY™ Workshop Layout
Part 1: Introduction
· What is Raspberry Pi
· What will be covered in this tutorial
· Tutorial Outcome
· Connecting Raspberry Pi and Power up
· Raspbian OS introduction
Part 2: Basic Linux
· Basic Linux commands
· Using Terminal
· Understand SUDO
· Installing and updating software
Part 3: Programming with Python
· Intro (IDLE)
· Hello World example
· Using Text editor to write Python
· Getting user input
· Using conditionals
· Time function
· Loop in Python
· Using Variable
· Operator in Python
· Function in Python
Part 4: Using GPIO
· GPIO Leaf Diagram
· Electronic basic
· Using Python to control GPIO
· 1st Project : Creating the LED Blink
Creating a simple circuit and connecting electrical components to GPIO of Raspberry Pi.(<10 lines of code)
· 2nd Project : Controlling 7 segment Display
Create your own counter machine using Raspberry Pi.Lets start counting! (>70 line of codes)
· 3rd Project : Using Light Sensor with GPIO
Date: 11th April 2015 (Saturday)
9.00am - 1.00pm (Session 1 - Introduction & project 1)
1.00pm - 2.00pm (Lunch)
2.00pm - 4.00pm (Session 2 - Project 2 & 3)
Vanue: (NUYUY™ HQ) A-5-3 MENARA PRIMA AVENUE, JALAN PJU 1/39, PETALING JAYA, 47301 SELANGOR, MALAYSIA.
- Workshop = RM120.00
- Workshop + Bundle (Raspberry Pi 2 + 8GB SD Card + NUYUY™ Casing = RM320.00 [Actual price RM370.00= RM 250 (Raspberry Pi 2 kit Bundle) + RM 120 (Workshop) (Save RM50.00)]
- Workshop + NUYUY™ PROJECT KIT = RM420.00 [Actual price RM600.00 = RM450 (Nuyuy
Kit) + RM 120 (Workshop) Save RM150.00]
* ALL PRICES INCLUSIVE OF 6% GST
* AT THE DOOR PRICE WOULD BE AN EXTRA RM30.00
- +60378867876 (NUYUY™ HQ)
- +601128623121 (NUYUY™ TEAM)
Educator: Amirul Mohamad
Amirul is one of the educators on the NUYUY™ Team who graduated from Universiti Sains Malaysia with a focus in developing High Performance Computing (HPC). He is currently working at MIMOS
Berhad as a Software Engineer.
Even before joining the NUYUY™ Team, Amirul has had many years of experience of teaching people both young and old about computer programming. He has a special interest in the Python
Programming Language and loves to work on projects with Raspberry Pis. He is passionate in sharing his knowledge with those who are willing to learn. Know him more during the workshop!
Sadly, we only have twenty (20) limited slots available. First come first serve basis. Grab your slot(s) now. *REMINDER: BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP*
Hope to see you soon and NUYUY-on everyone!